By Money Talks News...
You don’t have to sacrifice good pay to work from home.
FlexJobs, a subscription-based online service specializing in work-from-home and other flexible job postings, recently identified 10 positions that pay near or well over six figures.
“Sure, work-from-home jobs are available in lower pay grades, but it is clear that flexibility is not constrained by experience level or a high salary,” said Jessica Howington, Flexjobs content team lead.
The list comes as the number of people in work-from-home jobs continues to grow. About 3.7 million employees (2.8 percent of the workforce) work from home at least half the time, according to Global Workplace Analytics.
More than 8 in 10 people surveyed about telecommuting say working from home contributes to work-life balance. Some who seek telecommuting positions say they are more productive working from home rather than an office; others say dropping commute time adds to time spent exercising and other healthful habits.
The top-paying jobs and their job descriptions that FlexJobs found:
- Supervisory attorney, $117,000 – $152,000: Oversees less-experienced attorneys, provides legal guidance and support, supervises other attorneys and their assigned cases and staff.
- Senior software engineer, $100,000 – $200,000: Responsible for developing and running software programs, overseeing related projects, managing a team of software engineers, troubleshooting technical issues, and debugging software.
- Senior medical writer, $110,000 – $115,000: Reviews medical information, writes documents, edits other medical writers’ submissions and works with senior management to keep projects on track at a variety of health care-related companies including medical publishers and pharmaceutical companies; usually needs a degree in a science or medical discipline.
- Director of quality improvement, $100,000 – $175,000: As part of a company’s operations and technical teams,+ is responsible for working to design and develop best practices related to systems administration and data architecture.
- Clinical regulatory affairs director, $150,000 – $151,000: Plans, prepares and submits products for market nationally and internationally, writes regulatory documents for clinical trial applications, and assists with marketing documents.
- Research biologist, $93,000 – $157,000: Explores and studies biology in a lab or out in the field while researching interaction of organisms and environments; specialized fields include zoology, taxonomy, physiology, population biology and ecology.
- Director of business development, $100,000 – $151,000: Helps drive sales and revenue, responsible for established clients and new business, oversees sales teams for larger companies.
- Environmental engineer, up to $110,000: Performs as expert to reduce environmental waste and damage, including managing ways to protect the Earth and human populations from harmful chemicals and pollution, ensuring compliance with regulations and, in some cases, assisting in development of regulations.
- Major gifts officer, up to $90,000: Cultivates and solicits current and prospective donors for large-sum donations by using sales skills, organizational skills and working independently; extensive travel may be required.
- Audit manager, $90,000 – $110,000: Leads, plans and executes financial and operational audits for companies or clients, works with stakeholders to understand the outcomes and impacts of the audit, ensures future compliance, and evaluates internal systems, policies …read moreRead more here: 10 Work-From-Home Jobs That Pay 6 Figures